As pet lovers ourselves, we understand that a pet is part of your family. You want the same dignified care for your pet as you would for any family member. Now the same high level of expertise in cremation service and compassionate care is available to your beloved pets at PALS.
PALS, LLC is owned and operated by longtime Sedalia business owner, Sue Heckart. Sue also owns Heckart Funeral Home and Harmony Crematory, a crematory for humans. She is assisted in this venture by licensed funeral director Jeff Page and funeral assistant Jerry Page. PALS is Sedalia, Missouri’s only pet crematory.
Whether it is the death of your loved one or the death of your pet, we are committed to taking care of your entire family. Our staff is available to families 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
PALS is proud to be a member of the Pet Loss Professionals Alliance.
Obligations of Membership in PLPA:
Members of the PLPA recognize that we have special obligations to the pets, families and other businesses that we serve. As guardians of pets in death, we pledge:
- To care for the remains of those entrusted to us with dignity, respect, and professional skill, whether at a clinic, funeral home, crematory or cemetery
- To honor the wishes of the family and to serve all families with respect, understanding and confidentiality
- To protect and preserve all interment sites and relevant historical data entrusted to us
- To be guided by the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations set by governing bodies with jurisdiction over our activities in the ownership, management and operation of a funeral home, crematory, cemetery or related endeavor
- To be an educational resource and guide in standards relating to final pet death care options for our client families as well as our process partners
The PLPA is a group of like-minded pet-loss care providers who are working to foster a high level of ethics and training within our profession. We are focused on establishing sound business practices and standards among our ranks and on promoting the value of quality pet-loss care to veterinarians and the public.
The PLPA is a committee of the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association. Founded in 1887, the ICCFA is made up of more than 7,400 member cemeteries, funeral homes, crematories, pet-loss care providers and related businesses worldwide.
To lean more about the PLPA, please visit their website by clicking here.